Cutting Assistant- Full time- APLGL
Scarborough, ON M1P2E3 CA
They are currently hiring for Upholster position.
Shift timing is 7:00 am to 5:30 pm (10 hrs Shift). Monday to Thursday
Pay Rate is $17 per hr.
1. Sorts and packages materials
- Selects appropriate fabric or leather according the job requirement.
- Spreads and manually cuts the fabric length and lays up fabric or leather.
- Removes cut fabric pieces or leather from the cutting machine.
- Checks for flaws in the fabric and marks for Sewing Machine Operators.
- Verifies and packs fabrics to be sent to Sewing department.
- Cuts fabric or leather manually during packaging for repairs or missing pieces.
- Marks fabric or leather for sewing lines.
- Sorts and recycles leftover materials into the appropriate receptacle.
- May operate cutting machine, clicker press, grommet machine, fabric spreader and other technology.
- Assists new/temporary employees with understanding tasks.
- Contributes as a reliable and effective team member within and across teams.
2. Performs all tasks in keeping with Keilhauer's safety and quality standards
- Understands the importance of high quality work in all areas, and performs regular quality checks.
- Operates machinery and tools in a safe manner.
- Follows all company and OSHA Safety regulations; and works in a safe manner.
What we're looking for
A dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who is able to perform the manufacturing and general manual work duties. Person who is having basic work ethic and good attitude as an employee. This includes, but not limited to, Hard working, self-driving, eager to learn; eager to do a good job and having good communication skills. Good at time management, not to mention punctuality.
- Previous experience with fabric and leather, as well as using computerized cutting machinery is an asset.
- Completion of high school or training/education from a vocational/trade school is an asset.
An interview will be conducted by Armor consultant
Qualified candidates will be presented further to our client
Final interview and decision will be taken by our client for successful on-boarding of suitable candidates
Police clearance check
Double vaccination status is required
Please apply with your resume and a staffing consultant will contact you. For immediate job inquiry, please call us at 905-567-6855. Feel free to refer your Friends or family.